Arraigo For Education in Spain

We provide expert legal assistance to handle any situation. Trust us for comprehensive services.

We are a leading law firm in the financial & business industries

Sagittis eu volutpat odio facilisis mauris sit. Nam aliquam sem et tortor consequat id porta. Nisl rhoncus mattis rhoncus urna neque. Consequat nisl vel pretium lectus quam id leo in vitae.

Real estate law
Health care law

Don't be an unsolved case. Claim your life

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Laculis nunc sed augue lacus viverra vitae congue eu. Aliquam sem fringilla ut morbi tincidunt augue. At elementum eu facilisis sed odio morbi quis commodo odio. Est velit egestas dui id ornare arcu odio ut sem.

Rooting for Education

The government of Spain has announced updates in procedures to regularize the situation of immigrants within the national territory.

Rooting for Education is a new type of residence permit for irregular immigrants, which will allow them to obtain legal status through education or studies. Here’s everything you need to know about Rooting for Education.

What is rootedness for training in Spain?

Rooting for Education in Spain is a new measure that allows obtaining a legal residence permit valid for a period of 12 months for immigrants who have been residing irregularly in Spain for a period of 2 years. They can achieve regularization through Formal Training for Employment or studies aimed at integrating into the labor market, facilitating the integration of qualified individuals to meet labor demands.

Who can apply for Rooting for Education in Immigration?

One of the requirements to apply for Rooting for Education is to be an immigrant and have been residing irregularly in Spain for a period of 2 years. If you are an immigrant and have been residing irregularly in Spain for 2 years, you can apply for Rooting for Education.

Where to apply for Rooting for Education?

To apply for Rooting for Education, you should go to the immigration office where you have established your residence. At the immigration office, they will assist you in completing the procedure correctly, and it will be processed as soon as possible.

What is needed for rooting?

To apply for rooting, you need to have resided in Spain for three years, with absences not exceeding 120 days. You should have family ties with other foreign residents or Spaniards, or present a report certifying your social integration.

Arraigo for Education Requirements

The requirements for Rooting for Education are as follows:

  1. Not being a citizen of a European Union member state, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries subject to the Union citizen regime.
  2. Lack of criminal records in Spain and in the country of origin or countries where the applicant has resided during the last five years.
  3. Not being prohibited from entering Spain and not being listed as rejectable in the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to that effect.
  4. Not being within the commitment period of not returning to Spain that the foreigner has assumed when voluntarily returning to their country of origin.
  5. Having resided continuously in Spain for a minimum period of two years prior to the application for authorization. Continuous residence is understood if absences have not exceeded 90 days in the last two years.
  6. Committing to undertake training:
    • Formal training for employment or obtaining a professional certification, or training leading to the certification of technical aptitude or professional qualification necessary for the exercise of a specific occupation, or training promoted by Public Employment Services.
    • Alternatively, in the field of lifelong learning at universities, committing to taking courses to expand or update skills and training or professional abilities, as well as other teachings for lifelong learning.
    • For these purposes, enrollment must have been done within three months from the notification of the residence authorization granting resolution.
  7. Payment of the corresponding fee for processing the procedure.

Immigration Courses for Rooting through Education

If you need formal education in Spain or an immigration course to apply for your Rooting through Education, there is a wide range of options available to you. If you require assistance in identifying common courses for rooting through education (often known as rooting through studies), you can contact us through the contact button, and we will provide guidance on the best immigration courses.

Documentation of roots training

  • The application form in official format (EX–10), completed and signed by the foreigner, in duplicate.
  • A complete copy of the passport, travel document, or registration certificate with a minimum validity of four months.
  • Documentation proving continuous residence in Spain for a minimum period of two years. The documentation provided must contain the applicant’s identification details, preferably issued and/or registered by a Spanish Public Administration. For example, documents related to registration, hospitalization, medical consultation in public health services, as well as any municipal, regional, or state documentation justifying presence in Spain, will be considered.
  • Certificate of criminal record issued by the authorities of the country or countries where the applicant has resided during the last five years prior to entry into Spain.
  • Commitment to undergo the training, as reflected in the official application form or in a written statement. Important
  • Note: When submitting documents from other countries, they must be translated into Spanish or the co-official language of the territory where the application is submitted by a sworn translator. List of sworn translators.
  • Furthermore, all foreign public documents must be previously legalized by the Spanish Consular Office with jurisdiction in the country where the document was issued or, where applicable, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation, unless the document has been apostilled by the competent authority of the issuing country in accordance with the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 and unless the document is exempt from legalization under an International Convention.

Where is the training arrangement presented?

To submit the training arrangement, you must go to the immigration office where you have established your residence. At the immigration office, they will assist you in completing all the necessary procedures correctly, and your application will be processed as soon as possible.