Relocation Spain

We provide expert legal assistance to handle any situation. Trust us for comprehensive services.

We are a leading law firm in the financial & business industries

Sagittis eu volutpat odio facilisis mauris sit. Nam aliquam sem et tortor consequat id porta. Nisl rhoncus mattis rhoncus urna neque. Consequat nisl vel pretium lectus quam id leo in vitae.

Real estate law
Health care law

Don't be an unsolved case. Claim your life

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut elit tellus, luctus nec ullamcorper mattis, pulvinar dapibus leo.

Laculis nunc sed augue lacus viverra vitae congue eu. Aliquam sem fringilla ut morbi tincidunt augue. At elementum eu facilisis sed odio morbi quis commodo odio. Est velit egestas dui id ornare arcu odio ut sem.

What is relocation?

Relocation is the process of managing the move of an expatriate to a new location or destination.

Primarily, the reasons for relocation are professional.

Our support begins when the expatriate is still in their country of origin and does not end until the expatriate and their family are fully adapted to the new destination.

Relocation services

Our services are designed with the aim of helping, adapting to your needs, and ensuring that you feel comfortable in your new environment.

Visas and Residence Cards

We handle all types of visas for both you and your family.

To apply for a Spanish visa, you’ll need to meet certain requirements, such as providing evidence of sufficient financial funds, having a clean criminal record, and obtaining a certificate of good health overall. The costs of the visa vary depending on your nationality and the type of visa you’re applying for.

For many, this part is the most tedious. If you’re from the European Union, you’ll only need to obtain what’s called the EU registration certificate and your NIE number. With that, you’ll be able to stay and work legally in the country.

If you’re not a citizen of the European Union, you’ll need to apply for a regular temporary residence permit.

International Taxation

The first step in our tax accounting services is to understand your situation and help you determine your tax obligations.

Additionally, we will monitor all your taxes monthly, submitting each of your tax invoices/transactions so that your tax returns are easily completed.

We will carefully prepare all the required documents and send them to the tax agency for you, so you don’t have to worry about anything.

Having a bank account in Spain is not a legal requirement; it is possible to manage your finances from an account abroad. However, if you are a long-term resident in Spain, it may be costly and complicated to handle your daily finances. There are many things, like paying Spanish utility bills and obtaining a Spanish mortgage, where it is beneficial to have a bank account in Spain.

When choosing which bank to open an account with in Spain, think about what you want in terms of products and services and compare prices to find the best deal that suits your needs.

Spain has a wide variety of banks that allow both resident and non-resident accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

  • Banco Santander
  • Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, SA (BBVA)
  • CaixaBank
  • Banco de Sabadell
  • Bankia
  • Banco Popular Español
  • Bankinter

School Search, Educational Centers, Language Programs

According to Spanish legislation, education is compulsory for children between the ages of 6 and 16. The responsibility for education is shared between the national government and the 17 autonomous communities or regions of the country.

Therefore, when a family moves to another country, it is necessary to consider the process related to the search for schools from the beginning, especially to learn about the different educational options (public, private, charter), as well as their own registration deadlines for each educational institution.

Public schools are free to attend. Charter schools are privately owned and managed, and may be secular or non-secular. Enrollment is subsidized by the government, but fees must be paid. In private and international schools, fees are paid.

This will ensure that any special needs can be identified at an early stage and different alternatives can be proposed to ensure a successful search.

Relocation services


It’s also possible to bring your vehicles and pets to Spain. However, pets moving to Spain must have a microchip and vaccinations against rabies and other diseases. Additional documentation is required for pets from the US or Canada, and those from countries with a high incidence of rabies must undergo two tests. Pets can travel by plane either in a container (which must be approved by the International Air Transport Association) or in the cabin. If moving from another EU country, your pet must have a EU pet passport.

When moving a car to Spain from outside the EU, you must have:

  • Proof of vehicle ownership
  • A customs declaration
  • Driver’s license
  • Insurance policy
  • Technical specifications of the vehicle

If you’re moving from another EU country, you can bring your car to Spain VAT-free as long as you’ve owned it for at least six months. However, if you want to import a new vehicle, you’ll need to pay the 21% VAT, while non-EU citizens will also have to pay an additional 10% import tax. Imported cars have to pass a Vehicle Inspection Test (Inspección Técnica de Vehículos – ITV).

Regardless of where you’re moving from, you’ll need to pay the Special Tax on Certain Means of Transport (registration tax). This tax is based on the value and emissions of the vehicle.

Municipal Procedures

All EU citizens can drive in Spain with their country’s driving license. However, you should know that after 6 months of residing in Spain, you’ll need to exchange your original license for a Spanish driving license. This rule also applies to licenses that do not expire.

Spain has agreements with more than 20 countries, allowing drivers to directly exchange a foreign driving license for the equivalent Spanish license. These agreements change, so it’s always advisable to check with your country’s consulate in Spain or with the Spanish traffic authority.

We must ensure to check in the lease agreement if utilities (water, electricity, gas) are included in the monthly rent or if they need to be paid separately. If they are not included in the contract, we will take care of it.

Other Relocation Services

In addition to the aforementioned services, we can also provide other services such as: Personal staff, spousal assistance, notary procedures, documents and apostilles, and health insurance.